Eductional activities in BHEL Township was formally started in early sixties with the opening of a Primary School which grew into BHE.Tagore Middle School in the later period. H.E.Education came into existence on 22.1.1963 with its registration under M.P.Societies Registration Act 1959 (Reg.No.314). This society was running 4 Middle Schools & 4 Higher Secondary schools to cater the educational needs of BHEL employees. Out of the above, all the 4 Middle schools were merged in different Higher Secondary Schools in April 2002 and the students & staff accommodated in it.
Apart frm H.E.Education Society one another registered Education Society in the name BHEL Shiksha Mandal under the patronage of BHEL also came into being w.e.f.16.8.1983 with the start of Jawaharlal Nehru School. The easwhile H.E.Education Society was amalgamated / merged in BHEL Shiksha Mandal w.e.f.19.7.2002. Kasturba College of Nursing was started under BHEL Shiksha Mandal in the year 2002.